Need help

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JesseTab, Feb 8, 2015.

1. JesseTab

JesseTab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2014
    Sugar Land TX
    Please forgive me if this is not the right place for this as I am not sure where to post this Question.

First let me say that I do raise 7 hens 4 Easter eggers and 3 speckled Sussex. They are Have a coop and a 8x 20 run.
    My problem is that one of my Nabors has 2 hen that they just let run (or is it fly) loose. They get is every body's yards but spend most of their time in my yard as I have not dogs and all of my other Nabors do. Even the ones that own the hens. What I don't know is what to do about these hens. They of course do what hens do and poo on my porch and every thing I have in my yard. I am at my wits end. I also am worried as this is a planed naborhood that the board may make every one get rid of their chickens because one family don't know how to properly care for theirs. Please give advice.

Thank yous Jesse

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    What would happen if you went to go and talk to your neighbors? (Since I don't know your neighbors how would they react?) In order for their chickens to be safe anyways they are going to need to have a coop with an enclosed run or they are going to need to clip the flight feathers on their birds but more than likely the coops a better idea

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  3. JesseTab

JesseTab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2014
    Sugar Land TX
    I did try to talk to them but they do not speak English.

4. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Whoops, that could be a problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by