need helpful info and chicken raising friends

pollitohenhouse

Songster
6 Years
Jan 18, 2015
Hello everyone on BYC!!! I'm chris, and I live in downest maine. I bought my first 7 chickens at tractor supply in april of 2014 and instantly fell in love. I had 4 golden sex links hens, two barred rock hens, and one barred rock mutt rooster (I think). I converted my large storage shed into a coop (rather make shift). I lost 2 of my sex links from a cat attack. Since then, I've buckled down the coop, I orders 14 new chickens in early june ( a rare breed variety from Murry Mcmurry hatchery). My oldest and most def the alfa rooster was my barred rock mutt (Pollito). He got really big and really aggressive!!! I now have a total of 6 roosters and 13 hens. They are a wide variety of breeds ( spotted sussex, seabright, partridge rock, ameraucana, Minorca, and a possible Russian crested. The flock seems to get along great, they free range great. Pollito leads and defends his flock like he's a junkyard dog lol.

I'm so excited to join BYC!! Now I have a place to look for answers to my endless chicken questions!!! And I look forward to chatting with a few fellow chicken herders while I'm here.

Turkenstein25pizapw1421684361.jpg

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined.

Good luck with your flock! It sounds like you have a nice variety.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom