Need hen-naming help.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nic&Chickies, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    We have 10 chickens, and 3 of them still are unnamed. 2 are Mille Fleur D'Uccles, and the other is a Barred Cochin.
    Now, I got into the habit of naming some of them based on their breeds: Comet is our Red Comet, Wendy the Wyandotte, Meri the Ameracauna, etc. So I could go easy and try "Millie" and either "Flower" or "Flora" for the banties, but I can't think of anything for the Cochin.
    We also had a TV character coincidence going: we had a Phoebe, and still have Patty (the Partridge, Cochin), which were two names on "Charmed".
    Anyone out there got any naming suggestions? Or, if you have chickens of these breeds, what are your girls' names?

2. kevinhannan

kevinhannan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Barry - after Barry Manilow! ;-)

You could say your girls are the real stars!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    Aw, c'mon people! Only one suggestion? I greet them all by name when I let them out in the morning, and "Good morning--ummm?" isn't right.

4. kevinhannan

kevinhannan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    There's only one suggestion - mine - cos it's the best! ;-)

'nuff said!

5. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Providing it is a hen, the cochin could be called Carrie, Cassie, Callie, Betty, Barb, Barbara, Berta, or Brenda Cacklin.

Sorry, these are coming from someone that calls a cigarette stealing cockerel Phillip Morris [​IMG]

6. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    The names I will use when I get my chickens:

Wyandotte - "Wyatt"
    Plymouth Rock - "Rocky"
    Brahma - "Bullwinkle"
    Australorp - "Fat Albert"

Easter Eggers - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and another to be determined when I see the bird
    Silkie - "Wookie"

Yeah, they're mostly dude names. My Grandfather's name was Shirley. What do you expect from me?

Oh, yeah, and my partner wants me to get a Three Mile Island Red. He drew a picture of what it looks like. Three legs and two heads. If I find one, I'll name it Rutherford.

7. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Millie
    Florie
    Barbara
    Ducky
    Cosette
    Conchetta
    Coach
    Dutchess

8. stoopid