1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Need ideas for a peacock coop

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by peacock teen, Nov 1, 2016.

1. peacock teen

peacock teen In the Brooder

Oct 2, 2016
    I love peacock and am making a new big coop, due to neighbors cant have free range, but i would love if you posted a picture of your peacocks place:)

Mallorcanswan likes this.

2. Many of us have posted lots of pics of our coops and runs. If you search on those key words you will find a LOT of nice examples.

1 person likes this.
  3. Widlast

Widlast Chirping

Jun 9, 2016
    Maryland USA
    I tried to post an outisde pic but my phone is not cooperating today.
    Either way, what I've built and am in the process of finishing is a 13' x 12' floored shed with the South-East side of the roof in sheet steel roofing and the North-West side in transparent acrylic sheet roofing (that lets a fair amount of light in without letting the shed get too hot in summer). The outside is an enclosed aviary approximately 16' x 40'. The supports are 3/4 inch steel wiring conduit with chicken wire as the barrier.

The main idea was to have plenty of perches and room to run around in. When it's all done I intend to have 8 to 10 peafowl.
    I have 5 now, all between 3 and 4 months old.

Here's 4 of them:[​IMG]

maryvan and Mallorcanswan like this.
  4. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Crowing

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. peacock teen

peacock teen In the Brooder

Oct 2, 2016
    Birdrain92 is that a baby next to your Indian blues, so cute, thanks for any ideas guys your very helpful.

6. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Crowing

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Yep. My peahen had 4 chicks with her the time those photos were taken.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This year she hatched out 3 chicks
    .[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maryvan and Mallorcanswan like this.
  7. Mallorcanswan

Mallorcanswan In the Brooder

Mar 30, 2013
    Spain
    Birdrain92 I live in Mallorca, Spain. I recently bought a resort I am planning to keep Ducks, Swans, Horses, Birds, Pigs, chicken, Rabbits, Pigeons, pheasant and now planning to have a peacock. Appreciate if you can share the size of your peacock coop!!

I am planning to construct 10 M Length, 6 M Hight and 30 M run for 6 Indian Blue and 6 White peacocks is this size ok what youthink? Please advice. I will let out after they get used to people.

8. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Crowing

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Depending on your male:female ratio that should be plenty of space. If you have 1 Indian Blue male, 1 White male, and the rest are hens, your males shouldn’t be fighting a lot since there’s plenty of space and there’s enough hens for each male. I have seen other breeders house several males and females during breeding season without problems but I don’t know how large their pens were. I keep my pens 1 male to 1-3 hens so I know who the parents are.

9. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Crowing

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    My Blue Peafowl coop is 10 ft wide 14 ft long, and 8 ft tall. My White Peafowl coop 12 ft wide, 16ft long, and 8 ft tall.

10. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Crowing

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    My run for Blues is 12 ft wide, 12 ft long, 8 ft tall. The run for my Whites is 12 ft wide, 16 ft long, 8 ft high.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by