Need ideas please on processing equipment tables, sinks and misc

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by randyandmegs, May 27, 2010.

1. randyandmegs

randyandmegs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Columbus NC
    It will be about 7 weeks before processing and Im having no luck finding affordable processing accessories like Stainless steel tables and deep type sinks. Im purchasing the plucker and scalder and knife set. Other than that do anybody have any ideas on sanitary type equpiment. I looked for rolled type stainless steel to cover tables. Im sure there have got to be other ways to do this. Maybe poly type plastics that arent porous and easy to sanitize. I have tried used resturant equipment stores but even a simple stainless table is $200-$300. I almost feel like Im going to have more in this type stuff than the plucker scalder and birds and feed all together. As creative as you guys are on here I feel somebody has some better solutions than I do, Im just trying to do it right the first time and have safe, clean birds to eat. Any ideas and I would be greatly thankful. I have tried to pay it forward and put pictures of my Salatin style pen on here today to help someone else out. In the mean time Im going to watch processing videos and see what people are using.

2. Bossroo

Bossroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    The larger cities have used restaurant equipment stores from those retaurants that have gone out of business. Depending on the equipment's condition and it's demand , one can get some very cheap.

3. randyandmegs

Jan 1, 2009
    Columbus NC
    Asheville NC is the closest large city for me. Maybe I can find some scratch and dent types reasonable.

4. petrelline

petrelline Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Los Gatos, CA
    You can get big banquet tables from Costco or Target, folding or non, with plastic tops. They're easily disinfectable and cost about $75. The folding one I got was $50. It's sturdy and just about the right height for me.

Get a laundry sink from any big hardware store. The one I have is white plastic and stands on its own feet and was about $40. I just use a hose and let it drain onto the dirt but you could plumb it with an actual faucet and drainage.

I disinfect everything with a dilute bleach solution before I start, during breaks, and when I'm washing up afterwards.

5. randyandmegs

Jan 1, 2009
    Columbus NC
    Petrelline... I sent you a PM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by