Need ideas...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Jen4, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I threw all this into a pot for dinner tonight...

3 huge cans of chicken broth
    Loads of veggies... green beans, carrots, brussel sprouts, green peppers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, garlic, pepper and salt

Now what seasonings would you add to make it taste good?

Having jalapeno cornbread with it [​IMG]

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I would put a little rosemary and a lot of thyme . . . maybe a handful of pasta or rice? If were me I would use some elbow pasta. Let me think some more . . . ok got it . . . also, a cup of white wine and some oil to bind the flavors together (I would use olive oil). Put the pasta in at the last 10 min.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  3. chickenfever

chickenfever Songster

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    I'm not sure, but that sounds really good. I'm curious to see what people suggest.

4. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Thanks for ideas [​IMG]... I added Italian seasoning, then to our own bowls we added Parmesan cheese and hot pepper relish...

5. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Mexican or Jamaican spices

6. wombat

wombat Songster

Jun 23, 2009
    As an alternative for using summer garden produce ...

Brown some chicken and diced onions. Add some red curry paste. Add a can of coconut coconut milk and hold below a boil. Add any vegetables you want, cut to "stir fry" sizes. Simmer. Add some basil. Serve over rice.

Great way to use garden produce this time of year. Also a great way to use chicken "dark meat", although any chicken meat is fine. We are up to our ears in green beans, carrots, and tomatos, and all go well in this.

You can probably find red curry paste in the asian section of your grocery store, or at an asian grocery if you have them in your area. If not, there are lots of recipes on the net for making curry paste from scratch.

This also freezes well ... just make fresh rice, re-heat, and eat!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  7. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:great suggestion!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: