Need incubator ideas

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by halo, May 16, 2010.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Im about done incubating and hatching for the summer. Im thinking I need a different incubator for hatching. Im using a Hova, which does a good job, but its a pain in the patoot to clean after each hatch. What incubator would anyone recommend that is easier to clean, just for hatching? I have a Hova Genesis that is just fine for incubating, doesnt flucuate at all, and Im very happy with that. Its just cleaning the other Hova that I hatch in is turning into a pain. I would need one that would hold about 20 eggs or so. I usually dont incubate more than that at a time.

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thank you, but that looks like way too much effort for me. I just want to open the box and plug it in.

I know, Im pathetic.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I think you need to get a sportsman and hatch waaaaay more than 20 at a time!! [​IMG]

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    And YOU are no help at all either!!!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:What are friends for!?! [​IMG]

6. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Are you going to hand turn or will you want an electric turner? Why don't you build one they way you want it.

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I wont need a turner because I just want it for day 18-21. I just want one easier to clean and disinfect than the Hova.

8. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:Hey, don't sell yourself short...some of those boxes are tough to open!!! [​IMG]

Ed

9. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    I thought they made liners for the hova's , not sure how cost effective they are though since i haven't tried them myself

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by