Need info on African Harlequin Quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by quailmaster, Jul 19, 2010.

1. quailmaster

quailmaster Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    Houston,TX
    I am looking forward to buying African Harlequin Quail, but would like to know a little more about this beautiful quail. I was searching on google for more information but noticed they did not have a lot of information, so I that I would ask you guys. Are these quail anything like the regular coturnix quail: Do thay poop a lot?[​IMG] What do they eat? Could they be keep in an 8x8 aviary? If any of you have any info I need to know or any pics of these quail, I would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    They Are Quite Similar To Regular Coturnix But Smaller.... About 1/2 Way In Between Button And Coturnix In Size.

They Are Quail--- Of Course They Poop Alot [​IMG]

Gamebird Feed Or Gamebird Starter

Aviary Will Be Fine

3. quailmaster

Apr 7, 2009
    Houston,TX
    Thanks for the information JJMR794. I just could not find any good info.

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Try Doing A Byc Search On Harlequin Quail.... There Was A Couple Folks Around Here That Had Them, 1 Was Even Selling Eggs And Breeders. Good Luck With Them [​IMG]

5. quailmaster

Apr 7, 2009
    Houston,TX
    Try Doing A Byc Search On Harlequin Quail.... There Was A Couple Folks Around Here That Had Them, 1 Was Even Selling Eggs And Breeders. Good Luck With Them

Thanks again JJMR794, I tried that byc search that I never knew I had. It worked great, got a lot of information and know new breeders that have Harlequin Quail.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by