Need Info. on Cuckoo Marans

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by whitetiger21897, Aug 1, 2010.

1. whitetiger21897

whitetiger21897 New Egg

Aug 1, 2010
    I need to know when you know when a Cuckoo Maran is broody

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    She'll be like any other chicken who decides to go broody. She will continue to sit after laying her egg. If you try to move her she will fluff up to her full potential and growl at you. If you take her off her nest she'll be back in no time. HTH.

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Yep what she said lol. Bird Brain I really like your incubator and especially that egg turner that you made from PVC pipe...genius!!

4. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Thank you!

5. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    My BCM pullet laid a total of about 12 eggs and went broody at about 26 wks. I let her set to see what she would do. She hatched 3 of the 5, I let her keep. She wasn't a very good mother at first. She has really never been around chickens other then her BF. She pecked at the chicks instead of giving them the food. So I put her and her babies in a quiet little coop and she did fine after that. She does tend to leave them in places like she forgets their hers but the are growing and know to hide in the over growth except they cry in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by