NEED INFO PLEASE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kittyo74, Aug 10, 2013.

1. kittyo74

kittyo74 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2013
    byhalia, mississippi
    i have about 16 2 week old baby chick mixed breeds. i believe they have gotten Coccidiosis i live in an area where they dont sell many meds for chickens so i have order the meds (corid) from online and will be here in a couple of days (as fast as i could pay to get it here) is there anything i can do for them in the mean time that would increase their chances of making it.... i had one die tonight and 4 others showing symtems.. alll others seem healthy no blood in poop on any... any suggestion or info will be much appreciated

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I read feeding milk or buttermilk helps sometimes. You can search byc for that to read about it....

Corid is in the cattle section of the feed store.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  3. mithious

mithious Chillin' With My Peeps

1 person likes this.
  4. kittyo74

Jul 16, 2013
    byhalia, mississippi
    thank you i will def get some first thing in the morning. i gave them some plain yogurt for tonight thinking it may do the same.

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Buttermilk first then resort to milk if you don't have it. Yogurt works--anything to coat the gut slowing down the inflammation. Sulmet is another cocci drug that might be available quickly--it doesn't treat as many strains and can be harsh, but it might be available quicker until you can get corid.

6. kittyo74

Jul 16, 2013
    byhalia, mississippi
    thanks for the help so far so good .... can someone please give me a list of basic meds and such that i will need to have on hand thanks

7. kittyo74

Jul 16, 2013
    byhalia, mississippi
    thanks again for the help.... just another quick question does anyone know how soon my chicks will start to show improvement this is day 2 on the corid 9.6% ...... have had 4 die. worried about the rest as i have several more showing symptoms

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by