Need insight on the age range and cross of my silkies.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jferlisi, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Hi everyone. So i just bought to silkies yesterday cause they are so FLUFFY. The lady i got them from said they where 4 months and that the red is a mix and i dont know if the black is one also. I asked what they where mixed with and i dont think she understood the question so I am going to ask you guess, Oh knowledgeable BYC peoples.
    Jenasis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dior
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the huge pic photobucket wont let me resize that one. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I dont know what they are mixed with but the black one looks like my Lucy in the face only Lucy has white in her black feathers. I know her daddy was BCM and momma was silkie she doesnt have 5 toes like silkies but her brother does on one foot. The lighting in there makes her neck feathers look brown but they are a gray white
    [​IMG]

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Jenasis is partridge cockerel (cannot tell if blue partridge, or if the colouring is slightly off in the photo (at least on my computer). His colouring is very good, but he is pet quality due to incorrest comb type and colour. He also has too many regular feathers and too small a crest.

I cannot tell whether Dior is a pullet of cockerel at this point. Her feathering is better, but she lacks type and crest size.

Despite my critique based upon exhibition standards, they both can make you wonderful pets.

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    They arent mixed becuase silkie feathering is recessive and both are silkie feathered and if they were crossed with a non silkied breed, then they would have smooth feathering. They are just low grade pet quality Silkies.

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Double Post

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by