1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need laying hens or pullets in the Marietta Ga area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by willkatdawson, Mar 31, 2008.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Dose anyone know where I can find a mixture of Araucana, Australorp,Wyandottes, and Barred Rocks.
    I have a hen house and a fenced/covered 16x16 hen yard. I have never raise chicks and would much rather start with some pullets or hens. I don't need many only 12 or so.
    Thanks,
    Willkatdawson

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's a link to the Georgia Farmers and Consumers Market Bulletin put out by the Agricultural Department in Georgia. The locations are in bold. Surely you can find someone in the Cobb County area selling chickens. A newpaper subscription to this is free to anyone living in Georgia. I find it addicting!!! Tons of classifieds for anything that has to do with homesteading and farming. Good Luck!!

http://www.agr.state.ga.us/mbads/Ads.aspx?CategoryID=446

3. poohevans

poohevans Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    north west georgia
    hi

i live in north georgia close to rome, ga

i have a few hens for sale

i have rir, buff orpington and black australorps

thanks

4. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
    poohevans:

would you happen to have any rir roos for sale? I ordered one with my bunch from estes but I'm afraid he turned out to be a she! I am in Cartersville so not far from you if you do. If not an extra roo any fertile rir eggs?

5. poohevans

poohevans Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    north west georgia
    hi

the only roosters are white leghorn, easter egger , and a couple game

i'm hoping have rir eggs to hatch soon

thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by