Need more info on using Wazine 17 on my flock of 8 chickens please

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by anzachickenmom, Dec 28, 2013.

1. anzachickenmom

anzachickenmom Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2013
    I have been reading allot of posts here in regards to de-worming with Wazine 17. I noticed that some posts say retreat after 10 days, a couple said retreat after 14 days. My feed store person says for 7 days straight. The dosage (1 Oz. to 1 Gallon). is all the same in the posts but not the frequency of use. I found signs of worms in 2 of my girls, so I am treating them all. I just gave them their first dosage in their water today. Would really appreciate knowing if I should repeat tomorrow or when? Also will I see worms in their poops, or how do I know it is working. I don't want to overdose them but them, but then I also don't want to under dose them. Thanks for any advice

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Wazine is offered up for one full day, or 24 hours. Then clean water the following days. The Wazine does not kill the worms, but paralyzes them and the birds poop them out. It does nothing for the worm eggs. So after your first treatment, any worm eggs in the intestines are going to hatch. So you want to catch them before they start laying eggs themselves. So about 12 days later, you want to re treat again, for 24 hours. 1 ounce per gallon of water. Wazine only takes care of round worms, however round worms are the most common internal parasite.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by