Need Now! Paypal advice / info

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BayCityBabe, Dec 16, 2008.

1. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Okay, I was the only person on the planet w/o a Paypal account. I cancelled mine a while ago, thought I could do without. Now (like right now this minute) I need to pay someone for a service, so I set up a Paypal using my credit card and checking account. Paypal will not let me select the credit card option, only the e-check option. I tried to go through their 800 Help Line, but the guy on the line kept yelling that he couldn't hear me so I hung up.
    PAYPAL EXPERTS, here is my question: Do you think it would help if the person I am paying would invoice me through Paypal? I do not want to transfer these funds out of my checking. That would leave me a little light in the purse for Christmas. How can I pay this person with my credit card?

(Gosh, I hate Paypal. Their security is on par with airport security. Doesn't make me feel safer, just annoyed).

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Preach it! I am in the a-men section of the choir on this one! I have had better luck with things when I had them invoice me. Never has that failed for me...on my own I am prone to mess-ups.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Pay pal tells me I can't be "verified" unless I give them my checking account #.

I only want to use my credit card. For me at least, I feel safer that way.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I would ask them to send you an invoice.

5. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

It may be the thing where they depsoit .02 and then you have to go log in and verify your account. That takes a day or two I think. If that's not it, the seller sending an invoice might work. BUT I bet they want you to pay with a check so your credit card won't cover whatever service you are paying for and they can screw you over if there's a problem.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well, late Sunday evening I paid for some eggs to be sent to me via pay pal and my credit card.

I hope I get them tomorrow. My broody is WAITING!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by