Need opinions - craigslist ad...*UPDATE w/pics pg.3 & 4*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bec, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

on Monday night, I saw an ad for a toy poodle. So I write and email saying that I am VERY interested. Tuesday, I call and the man calls e right back. We chat about her and all seems great. I told him I had to talk it over with DH and that I would call him back. He said "You got it!" So I call back that evening and left a message on both numbers he left me. I told him that all was well and I would love to come see her. I did not hear back from him Tuesday. Wednesday I waited until the end of the day and I called him. He said there was an accident with his son and that they were in the hospital all evening but that he still had her and that once things settled down, he would call me with in the next 1-2 days giving them enough time to say goodbye to her. During this conversation he also said that he would remove the ad from craigslist (which he did with in an hour). I heard nothing from him Thursday and nothing from him today. A girl I work with called today and acted like she was interested in the poodle and he told her that they aren't giving her away until after the holiday and if she was still interested to call back sometime next week. Several hours later, I called and left a message again today asking if it would be possible that I could come visit her tonight. I still got no response.

What is your opinion on what's going on? Do you think he is messing with me? Did he tell her that to keep it open just in case I fall through? It has been since Tuesday that I have been trying to go see her. He took the ad off and said they needed to all get together to say bye to her. I am really confused!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I can see wanting to spend time with a beloved pet, especially one that they are "having" to give away.

I would call on July 5 to see if it's still in progress. After all, this is a VERY hectic time. I bet he was keeping his options open just in case you do fall through, after all, you did say you would come see her instead of "I will come and get her!"

3. Bec

Yeah, you're right...maybe I am just being paranoid. I have been waiting for a toy poodle for what seems like forever and am just really excited. .
    They are parting with her because they said they don't have time for her, but they are keeping their golden retriever because she can be home for longer periods of time without accidents. They said if she is left for long days, she will have an accident. She would be with me all the time so that isnt a problem for me.

4. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    I went on Petfinder just now and looked just in Arkansas. There are a lot of Poodles looking for a new human to call their own.

This one is Snowball - http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16708633

I'd
    be looking for alternatives at this point. I'm not sure what this person is doing.

5. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Well if he changed is mind I really think you should rescue from a shelter, it is a really nice thing to do! [​IMG] I hope it all works out for you! [​IMG]

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

He may just be thinking that you might fall through. Craiglist responses are VERY flaky!!!

I got a dog from Craigslist and the guy actually told me on the phone that another person was coming at 5. I got there first, the dog and I hit off, and so now we have Hawk the wonder-Lab.....but I did kinda wonder if he even called the other person and told them not to come [​IMG]

7. Bec

I am going to give him a call on monday and see if we are on the same page. I dont know why he would tell me that he would take the ad down , then take the ad down for me and then not call me, but maybe they are just busy.... keeping hope here! [​IMG]

8. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Hope it works out for you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  9. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Quote:That happened to us. I called and stated we would take it and she stated she could not meet us until 5 she was too busy, we drive an hour out there and no one answers the door, I call three times and finally she answers and states someone came earlier than us so she sold it to them. I was peeved at least she could have had the courtesy to call, and why would she say she could not meet us until 5 but they came at 4:30 ughhhh, total flakes on Craigslist sometimes. Hope it works out for you.

10. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I hope it works out for you! As for myself, I am just about fed up with CL. I have responded to a wanted ad where the person was looking for a video game. We agreed to meet on a later date.. I emailed her back and forth for several days but the day before we were to meet all communication from her has stopped. I also have a for sale ad posted.. Several people have emailed to ask if I still have the item, and then I never hear back from them. I really isn't any skin off of my back other than just frustration!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by