1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need opinions!!! What do u think of my Christmas light boxes? PICS!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cjeanean, Dec 1, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm NOT trying to sell these to you all, I'm actually gonna post them on Craigslist. I just need to know if you all would buy these and how much you'd pay for them. I would be taking the pics on a better background, I just finished this one (my first, so GO EASY!!! [​IMG] ) The ribbon isn't blue like it looks, it's white with snowmen on it. I made the bow, my first attempt also, and the poinsetta things were the cheapest trimming I could get....Thanks!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Very pretty!

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    so how much do u think I should ask for these??? They're glass....

4. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I think you would have to give an idea on the cost of the materials you used and time it took to make before coming up with a price. That is how I decide on prices for things I make.

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    They took me about an hour to make. I was thinking of charging $15-$20 each....But I don't know if they look nice enough for people to buy!

6. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Any craft fairs near you soon? I think if you could set them up, with them lite at a craft fair you could probably get that for them. It might be harder on craigs list since people can't see how pretty they must be in person. I would probably pay that for one, but I love christmas decorations and I really think its pretty.

7. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    My niece made these and sold them for 20.00 each. She had a few more things on the top of them and most of the items she picked up at the $Tree. Its a good way to make some extra money if you can get the glass block at a good deal! Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Thanks, guys, for the opinions!!! Any other comments are welcome!

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

cjeanean Those are pretty! A thought just came to me while looking at them though. What if you sat them on edge and ran the bow ribbon around where there is a "trough" around the small side. Like where they would put the brick putty (or whatever they call it) , then you could run the cord out the edge of the bow and it would be non existent really. I would put it up on the edge anyway to show it off.

Are the lights totally white or colored. Colored is cool too. My brother made a piggy bank out of one he had. I would say $15 or 20 bucks is a good price for them.

Great job! [​IMG] [​IMG]

By the way where are you located in Missouri, I have a bunch of poinsettia flowers and assorted stuff I could send you (I want it out of my house!)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by