Need Peanutbutter Fudge Recipe

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by setter4, Dec 9, 2008.

1. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    First off I will say that I do not consider melted candy to be fudge! If you like it that's great but it's not what I am looking for.
    Fudge is some combination of sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, cocoa (?) , peanutbutter and MAYBE marshamallow and it is boiled till it forms a soft ball....
    Having said that....Does anyone have a good peanutbutter fudge recipe. One that has NO cocoa or chocolate. I have a good chocolate peanutbutter recipe but would like a plain one.
    I thought of just making mine and leaving the cocoa out but I'n not sure it will work and I hate to waste all that stuff!
    Thanks

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I use the one on the marshmallow fluff jar and use peanut putter chips instead of chocolate. Always yummy, I use the Reeses chips not imitation.

2 1/2 c sugar
    1/4 c butter or margarine
    1 5oz can evaporated milk (small can)
    1 7 1/2 oz jar marshmallow fluff
    3/4 tsp salt

3/4 tsp vanilla
    12oz pkg choc chips

combine first 5 ingredients, stir over low heat until blended.
    Bring to a boil over moderate heat being careful not to mistake air bubbles for boiling. Boil slowly stirring constantly for 5 minutes till soft ball stage.
    Remove from heat. stir in chips and vanilla till melted then turn into buttered 9x9 pan and cool

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Oh man.... I should not have even looked at this thread.... [​IMG]
    I have been on a chocolate and peanut butter kick this week....

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    last year for Christmas I made double layer, chocolate on the bottom and peanut butter on the top [​IMG]

5. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Quote:This is exactly what i want to do! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by