Need peeps to chill with ;-)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lauraleigh, Jul 31, 2010.

1. lauraleigh

lauraleigh Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2010
    Greetings from the Mojave Desert, Southern California! I'm gearing up for my first chickens, so will be lurking for a while, asking the question now and then. I had no idea this chicken-keeping sub-culture was out there, full of such enjoyable, enthusiastic people! My first question is about how to keep chickens when you're the only one to do everything and you work 40+ hours a week. But I'll find somewhere to post that question. Till then, thanks for letting me crash your party!
    LauraLeigh

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] and a Texas size: [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I do it all and work 40 hrs a week, it's not that much when you get it all set up. Enjoy your chickens and [​IMG]

4. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Welcome!

Chickens are relaxing after a 12 hour workday, just grab a beer and a folding chair, and sit out and watch chicken antics!

Having cats, dogs, and horses, chickens are by far and away the easiest critters to keep I think, once you have a good coop and run for them. They are fun things!

5. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I worked 76 hours this week and still found time to care for and relax for a few minutes each day with my chickens, you can do it too! [​IMG]

6. OrloffTom

OrloffTom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    NC
    Welcome to BYC! Hope you enjoy your chickens as much as all of us have and like they've posted before, once you get the coop/run done it's not that hard at all to keep them up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by