need people to sign a petition

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by Gonzo, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    help! There'a an elderly woman in henderson, ky that has been ordered to part with her pet chickens. If you dont mind, would you please sign this petition to help her keep her chickens? The poor woman is devastated! YourLinI have just visited GoPetition and found the following page very interesting:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/allow-backyard-chickens-in-henderson-ky.html

RegardskGoesHere
    I have just visited GoPetition and found the following page very interesting:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/allow-backyard-chickens-in-henderson-ky.html

Regards:fl there's a link where you can see her story, it's been on the news here. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  2. pawprnts88

pawprnts88 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Signed [​IMG]

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Thank you so much!!![​IMG]
    Quote:

4. simplyscrambled

simplyscrambled Songster

Mar 29, 2009
    I signed it too! Let us know if it helps.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    thanks! will keep you posted![​IMG]
    Quote:

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I signed also... Keep us updated,,,

7. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Songster

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    In the past, I have been told many times that internet petitions are not effective because they are easy to manipulate. It doesn't hurt to take the time to try, but if you truly want to help, you might want to see if there is a more effective way? Please don't take this as a criticism, just what I hope will be a helpful suggestion. I feel so badly that this is happening. I think that most local governments don't care if people out of the area sign a petition, but they care about their constituents and they might listen to individual letters that are written with thoughtful constructive information on why people should be permitted to keep chickens.

Good luck!!!

8. CityChicken05

CityChicken05 In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2009
    Evansville, IN
  9. CityChicken05

CityChicken05 In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    You can also follow her story by listening to The Chicken Whisperer on his Backyard poultry radio show here :
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/backyardpoultry

The date she is on is 6/11 and he talks about what is going on with this case, and The county code enforcement officer from her county will be doing an interview with him on the 6/17 Wednesday DON'T MISS IT!!!

You can listen to all his shows new and old on that website!! [​IMG]

10. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Songster

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    Signed! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: