1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Pet Chickens Fostered/Adopted North Alabama

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by crawfordrose, Feb 24, 2016.

1. crawfordrose

crawfordrose Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2012
    Decatur, Alabama
    We have to move into a bigger house for our family and the only thing we can get is a rental in a big city right now. The likelihood of bringing our feather babies along with us is slim to none. We may be able to get some acreage and a house in the county in a year or two, but first we have to repair our credit to get mortgage lender approval. I would rather our chickens be fostered--we would help build the coop and bring feed--until we could get our own property in the county, but willing to adopt them out to forever home(s). Our kids are heartbroken, they love to watch them, pet them, and collect eggs. I have roosters, hens, large breeds, bantams. Ages 1-4 years, lots of layers. All hand raised. Foster/adopt only please, these are not meat birds they are beloved pets!
    [​IMG]

2. crawfordrose

May 12, 2012
    Decatur, Alabama
    [​IMG]
    This EE is one of our favorites. She flies to our bathroom window to say hello.

[​IMG]
    All but one of our roos are bantams. They would do well together, as they have been raised as brothers since I got them as chicks.

[​IMG]
    I have three white D'uccle boys. Each has his own distinct crow. :)

3. crawfordrose

May 12, 2012
    Decatur, Alabama
    Other breeds: Amber Links, Buff Orpingtons, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Silver Laced Wyandottes (one of them is a rooster, the kids named him King George), Australorps, New Jersey Giants, Dark Brahmas, Easter Eggers (so far only pale pink eggs), Golden Comets, Partridge Rock, New Hampshire Red, Rhode Island Red, Red Jungle Fowl, a dainty little white bantam hen, and another bantam hen who is either a mutt or some breed I've never heard about:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. brightpennies

brightpennies Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2015
    Just wondering, since you don't say in the post: where are you?

5. crawfordrose

May 12, 2012
    Decatur, Alabama

Location is same as title, North Alabama. PM me please if willing to help.

6. crawfordrose

May 12, 2012
    Decatur, Alabama
    I may have found someone close to our new house who can keep our layers on their property. I hope so, but if not, these sweet gals will still need a foster/adopted home. [​IMG]

7. AxelFlynn08

AxelFlynn08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2014
    Can you ship?

8. crawfordrose

May 12, 2012
    Decatur, Alabama
    No, sorry.

9. onehippiechick

onehippiechick New Egg

Mar 11, 2016
    We may be able to foster/adopt. We have some land in Rogersville, AL. If you are still needing this, please let us know. :)

10. crawfordrose

May 12, 2012
    Decatur, Alabama

Thank you so much! The first person who offered to help changed their mind, but fortunately five other people offered in their place. We found our birdies a new home, we moved them Wednesday night, and we can still visit them and collect eggs whenever we wish, only 20 minutes away from our new house! It's been a super busy moving week, and I'm so relieved most of it is complete now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by