Need Pics of Blue Auracana/BLRW(Blue&Splash)/ &Maran chicks!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by riverman, Feb 17, 2011.

1. riverman

riverman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2010
    Central Tx
    I got about 30 chicks in the last couple days, Blue Auracanas, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes(some blues & a Splash, & some Maran's mixed colors.

I had them separated but I put them all in a huge brooder together today and can barely tell some apart. There are also some mixed EE's and stuff in there just making it harder to identify everybody.

Here's a chance to post some of your chick pictures! I need some good pictures of the top three breeds to help me identify them from the rest. There only about 1-2 weeks old.

Thanks everybody!

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Blue Araucanas (I'm sure you've got splash and black in there too) will have absolutely no tail, pea combs, and green or yellowish green colored legs.

The Marans should have feathered legs, pink feet, and single combs.

The Blue Laced Red Wyandottes will have rose combs (they'll look flat) and have blue/red marbled down. They'll have yellow legs.

The Araucanas shouldn't have beards like the EE's, but some may possibly have little tiny tufts poking out from the sides of their faces.

The EE's are likely to be chipmunk or solid white in appearance with beard/muffs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by