1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need pics of very young chicks...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Robin'sBrood, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Post your - Brown Leghorns, Speckled Sussex, Welsummer - chicks at about 2 weeks of age here, please. [​IMG]

2. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Other breeds of young chicks welcome too. It's hard to find chick pics on the internet once they've feathered out a little. I seem to only be able to find pics of day old chicks and so many day old chicks look the same. We need some "tween" chick pics!
    (If this wasn't about chickens, this whole thread would sound so wrong!)

3. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Why do you need them?

4. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Nothing sinister, [​IMG] I just have some 2 week olds and I'd like to be able to compare them to pics of other chicks their age. I was told they were Speckled Sussex when I bought them at TSC but when I posted the pics of them (when they were 2 days old) I was told by people on here that they're most likely Brown Leghorns. So, just for comparison purposes.
    And I thought the pics of other breeds at 2-3 weeks could help other people who are questioning what their young ones are too. That's all. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  5. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    These are my brown leghorns. It's not that great of a photo sorry! They are probably younger then that in that photo. I have some when they are older though about 6-7 weeks. Anyways--hope that helps!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  6. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yep, that helped! Ok, one of mine is definitely a brown leghorn. Same little flecks of white on the wings and everything. Darn. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by