Need pictures and plans of PVC coops, please

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, May 3, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I am after some pictures and plans of PVC coops. I want it to be about 8x4, I don't know how to calculate internal sizes, so I think it's going to be experimental. I found some one The City Chicken, but not enough.

MAINLY I"M LOOKING FOR HOOP COOPS. ANY IDEAS ARE HELPFUL

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
  3. chickens3

chickens3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Eau Claire, Michigan
    using pvc pipe will work it makes a big diff on how big you want it to be and all the chicken wire will be put up just fine on the pvc piping.

4. CrunchySarah

CrunchySarah Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    We built a pvc run, it was really easy, and really cheap:

[​IMG]

It's about 8'x6', and about 6'5" high in the center.

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Cool. How long are the pvc peices? Mine is 7x6. I am wanting to have something reasonably sized. [​IMG]

6. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    Even if you don't like the coop plans on this site:

http://www.pvcplans.com/

they'll tell you HOW to attach PVC pipe to make corners and doors and what-not AND they have a page on PVC suppliers. That's why I recommend the site.

Happy building!![​IMG]

7. CrunchySarah

CrunchySarah Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    The long ones bent over at 10', and the side are cut at 3 feet, I believe. I got all my pieces at the hardware store, it was very economical!

8. chickenchalupa

chickenchalupa Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin
  9. Jadnils

Jadnils Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    I am about to buy my materials and build a small PVC coop. I designed it myself so it's super simple. Just a 10'x3'x4' rectangle with re-enforced sides . At on end I will make a door that fits just inside the 3'x4' opening. Then, I will construct a nesting/bad weather box that will fit just inside the door. I'll use hardware cloth for the entire thing and 2" chicken wire on the bottom. It will be moveable and fairly sturdy and safe for 4 chickens. Wish me luck ! I'll post pics when I'm done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by