Need pictures of Silkies...

Chirpy

Balderdash
15 Years
May 24, 2007
Colorado
Ok, so I fell in love with this little Silkie Roo that I got. I'm so disappointed that I can't keep him but my girls are just beating up on him.

I am going to get some silkies this year but am trying to find some good pictures that show the difference between bearded and non-bearded silkies.

If some of you silkie owners could give me some pictures labeling them bearded or non-bearded so I can compare I would really appreciate it. Thanks much.

And, if anyone can give pros and cons for each type I'd appreciate that also.

If you look under Raising Chicks section and Conehead and his cronies I post a lot silkie pics with great beards. Take a look

Coloradochick - No, I've still got him. He has weaseled his way into my heart. The second day here he started following me around!!

But - it's not fair to keep him as I only have one coop/hen house so I have to keep him separated from my girls and it's just mean in my opinion.

Do you want him???? Please, pretty please?????

I'd still love to see actual pictures showing the differences. I'm a visual kinda person.

Here's a bearded buff

IMG_1306.jpg

And a non-bearded buff

IMG_1245.jpg

Last edited:
ksacres - feathersite was perfect .. I don't know why I don't think of going there first.

Julie - the buff pictures were exactly what I was looking for ...

I've decided .... I love both types!!!

WHOA! Those silkies make mine look terrible! :eek: i guess im gonna need to find some better birds if i wanna show then. hehe. i should take mine to a big show and see what people think . itd be hilarious.
"um. is that a chicken?"
"well yes it is."
"you really shouldnt be here"
"why not"
"are those even pure bred?"
"yes. bred em myself. them pigeons sure did look at heem strange"\\

as you all see, im in a hyperactive and dangerous mood..hehehehehehe

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom