Need plans to build a 8'x8' Chicken coop! Where is a Honest seller with a Good reputation for sellin

meyer7

Hatching
Mar 22, 2017
Hello Backyard Chicken community,

I am looking for an 8' x 8' chicken coop plan that I could buy online.

My husband is having surgery in three weeks and I need to get the coop built! He is a very handy man and we have all the tools we need to build one. We just need a solid plan for the coop. The one we bought from Tractor Supply was too flimsy and Blew over our hill and smashed into pieces! Anyone out there know of a place that has a good reputation that will sell plans online? Help!!

Amy

I suggest getting plans for an 8 x 8 garden shed and since you say there is 'HANDY' in the family, should be no problem to convert plans into coop. I strongly suggest a walk in type at least 6 foot walls. Here is a thread with 100 's of pictures of coop, as well as for interior IDEAS. Read up on ventilation and in no time you will have an almost perfect coop. No one makes a perfect one since after completion, there are always second thoughts as to how it should have been different.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/596294/post-your-chicken-coop-pictures-here

WISHING YOU BEST and
welcome-byc.gif

I suggest getting plans for an 8 x 8 garden shed and since you say there is 'HANDY' in the family, should be no problem to convert plans into coop. I strongly suggest a walk in type at least 6 foot walls. Here is a thread with 100 's of pictures of coop, as well as for interior IDEAS. Read up on ventilation and in no time you will have an almost perfect coop. No one makes a perfect one since after completion, there are always second thoughts as to how it should have been different.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/596294/post-your-chicken-coop-pictures-here

WISHING YOU BEST and
welcome-byc.gif

I agree. This would be the easiest route to go! Good luck and happy construction!

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

I just went through looking for coop plans. I searched high and low and granted, I was looking for large coop plans. I needed something that actually showed me step by step what to do and I found what I wanted on the following site: www.homegardendesignplan.com They charge for their plans but honestly, only site I found that has the WHOLE plan with dimensions. Word of caution... when you buy the plans, you'll want to print them out and they are designed for 11 x 17. My printer wouldn't handle that so I went to Office Max. $100 to print out 71 pages of the plans. In retrospect, I should have hand picked the build pages, could have saved $'s!

So I'm not endorsing the link above but...that was the only site I could find online that actually had REAL plans for large chicken coops. I picked plans for a coop that would best meet my needs and I still see a need to modify it. I need help with the framing which is what these plans provide me with.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to our wonderful forum! I am so glad you joined Backyard Chickens, I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom