Need prayers for my sister in Santa Barbara- evacuated due to fires

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by NancyDz, May 8, 2009.

1. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Just got word that my sister's family was evacuated from her home above Santa Barbara. All I know is she called my Mom to say they were evacuated last night and loaded the kids, pets , photo albums and a few favorite things in the car and went to stay with friends. They live above Santa Barbara in a secluded little community called Painted Cave. Not many houses up there but surrounded by open land with only two small roads up and down. It would be difficult to fight a fire up there.. Please keep my sister, Lynn, her husband Eric, and daughters Julia and Lily in your prayers that their home is spared.

Thank you!

Nancy

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Done. I hope they can return home soon and all is well.

3. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    You got it

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers!

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Thank you!

I talked to her this afternoon, they still are evacuated, it was better this morning and some people that had been evacuated were let back but not my sister's area. She said Thursday night when she was going home, that the fire moved 3 miles in 20 minutes! When they left their house the fire was as close as a mile and a half away. Scary , especially because where they are up on the mountain it's very difficult for the fire crews to fight it as there is lots of rough terrain. So please keep the prayers coming for my sis and all of SB. Many of her friends are evacuated too as they live near the Botanical Garden . Also when I was talking to her, her husband was at the ER with their daughter who had slammed her finger in the door of the car! [​IMG] They came back with a short cast on it... just what they needed during all this! My sis's birthday is Monday and one of her daughter's is Tuesday. I'm praying they are home and safe by her birthday!

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by