Need quick replies for Terra-Vet 10

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bayerchicks, Dec 22, 2010.

1. bayerchicks

bayerchicks Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2010
    Tangipahoa Parish
    I have 4 birds with clear drainage and sneezing. 2 of them are laying. I went to the feed store and bought Terra Vet 10, Tetracycline Hydrochloide Soluble Powder, which was recommended at the feed store. Can I eat the eggs or do I have to pitch them? Is there something different I should be giving them or is this good?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I would pitch the eggs(I won't say for how long, I'll get blasted), but that antibiotic would absolutely be my first choice if dealing with CRD(MG).
    Hope they get better soon for you. [​IMG]

3. bayerchicks

Nov 12, 2010
    Tangipahoa Parish
    I am reading others posts now and I see the time they pitch eggs is anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks. Do I really need to wait 3 weeks? Seems like a long time.

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    That is exactly the time I was going to tell you. 21 days. You want to make sure the antibiotic is totally out of their systems.

5. bayerchicks

Nov 12, 2010
    Tangipahoa Parish
    I called the local feed store and talked to their "expert" there. He said after 10 days the eggs would be safe. I told my hubby after 10 days he could eat the eggs and the kids and I would just eat store bought eggs, lol.

6. I have a roo on that right now. I am giving him 1/8 tsp per cup of water for the 800 mg dose. My vet told me that the eggs are clear after 4 days residual. who knows actually, everyone says something different. thank heavens mine is a roo, i dont have to worry about it. I did notice that it made some runny poo too. I saw a difference in three days.

Good luck!

7. bayerchicks

Nov 12, 2010
    Tangipahoa Parish
    fishnet, how many days did your vet tell you to keep him on it at the 800 mg level?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by