Need Re-Loading Advice!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I am interested in getting into Re-loading for both my pistol and rifle cartridges. Something I never picked up or learned, and my buddy is in the process of moving to Atlanta so I won't have anymore of his hand loaded magic. I am looking for advice on a reloading press, dies and any info you folks could share [​IMG]

My most common rounds I use a lot of are 30/06, 7.62x39, .45 ACP, and .38 S&W

Also, for some of the specialized bullets, would I be better off buying the lead, melting and making my own with dies or pre-purchasing the bullets? Now if I'm spending a day cutting paper targets in half, I'll probably use my old Yugo surplus or my Wolf, but I'd like some stuff for when I'm trying to be accurate.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Can't give you advice, but I have fond memories of making bullets with my favorite uncle when I was a kid. [​IMG]

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I've probably watched it for countless hours, but I just remember the never ending coffee pot, talk radio on in the background and outrageous stories and tall tales about shooting, hunting and the pursuit of the kinder gender [​IMG] Now that I'm thinking I should have paid more attention.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Well, all we had was hushed voices and Uncle telling me not to talk too loud. My mom would have had a fit if she knew her 5 YO was making bullets.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I for one would rather have the dies. If thing go down hill you can still find lead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by