Need Small Pelleted Layer Feed

ernie85017

Songster
9 Years
Jun 24, 2012
I have seramas and need a small pelleted layer feed. The only one I have found so far is Eggland's Best, and I can only get it by mail order. Chewy sells it for almost $40 for 40 lbs.
Can anyone offer some names that would be at my local feed store?
THANKS!!!!

They waste so much with crumbles, and the crumbles - crumble - and turn to feed dust.
The small pellets seem more efficient. The regular pellets are just too big for their little throats. Well, as far as I am concerned!

Moisten the crumbles and make a mash. I've been doing this for a couple years. They love it and don't waste it. Even better, let it sit overnight and ferment a little. The problem with pellets is that many chickens, such as mine, balk at it. This is especially true with birds that never had pellets. You may buy a bag and find they are reluctant to eat it.

Moisten the crumbles and make a mash. I've been doing this for a couple years. They love it and don't waste it. Even better, let it sit overnight and ferment a little. The problem with pellets is that many chickens, such as mine, balk at it. This is especially true with birds that never had pellets. You may buy a bag and find they are reluctant to eat it.

Will they change if there is no choice?

I just filled my pullets’ feeder with Omega 3 Layena pellets from lPurina. They’ve only had Flock Raiser to this point.

I don’t plan to offer them anything else so I imagining even the holdouts will eat it?

A quick search found (but from 2011)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/mini-pellets.596201

I’ve bought mini pellets, but I think it was a non-medicated gamebird feed. Maybe Hubbard feed or it was Kalmbach feed. I fed it to quail, but they did not like it and they preferred crumble. So, I understand.... nothing would make the quail eat it, I ended up grinding it up in a blender a bit to break it down to a more crumbled.

Good luck finding what you need.

Will they change if there is no choice?

I just filled my pullets’ feeder with Omega 3 Layena pellets from lPurina. They’ve only had Flock Raiser to this point.

I don’t plan to offer them anything else so I imagining even the holdouts will eat it?
Let us know!

It is 29.44 with autoship and you get 30% off and free shipping on your first one.
Not bad if you just wanted to try their feed and see if they like it.
TSC has it too, but I think in just 10lb bags.:)
I have seramas and need a small pelleted layer feed. The only one I have found so far is Eggland's Best, and I can only get it by mail order. Chewy sells it for almost $40 for 40 lbs.
Can anyone offer some names that would be at my local feed store?
THANKS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom