1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

need some advice for my hen for this winter

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mulelover1999, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mulelover1999

mulelover1999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2012
    my hen got attacked by my two puppies and was missing feathers. She didn't get seriously injured. she was only missing a lot of her feathers. We brought her inside and decided she needed to go in the garage. I put her out there with a heating lamp that is currently 1 hour on 2 hours off. She is alone but from what I have observed since we got her is that she likes to be alone. so with that background is the heating lamp going to be fine with 1 hour on 2 hours off or do I need to change it? how much food should I be giving her? I give her alittle bit every time I go out there and usually alittle more at night. Is there anything else I should do for her? any advice would be great.

2. HS Pye

HS Pye Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Texas
    She probably was pretty shocked. Just leave a bowl of food for her and if it's cold then you 'could' leave a heat lamp on for her. Sounds like she's getting good service. ; )

HS Pye

3. mulelover1999

mulelover1999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2012
    ok she seems pretty happy and is getting taken care of very well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by