Need some advice please! Sick baby chicks

am7039

Songster
May 26, 2021
I recently bought 6 baby chicks from a reputable hatchery near me. All was fine and about 3 or 4 days into having them I noticed one sounded congested and sneezing. I isolated the chick and symptoms subsided with some electrolytes. This morning I noticed that all of them are sneezing and one is really congested with wheezing. My worst fears is that I'm dealing with something that is going to spread through my entire flock including my other groups because I noticed sneezing in one of my older chicks that I hatched. I'm desperate for some suggestions. I am praying I'm not dealing with infectious bronchitis.

I have them in a barn shed currently with supplementary heat because they are young. Last night got pretty chilly it dropped to about 40. The shed stay a bit warmer but I'm wondering if the cold played a role? Or is it an infection that is spreading?

Right now I am just giving them vitamins and electrolytes and extra heat. On my last routinely check I wasnt hearing as much sneezing but I can still hear the congestion. I'm just trying to ride it out and hope for the best. I wish you luck hopefully we can attract some more advice.

if your chicks are spread out and panting, Vincyla, They probably have coccidia. Start treating them with corid ASAP. Below is a pic of one of my chicks with cocci.
1622334772277.png

Sounds like your chicks just got cold, am7039, hopefully they get better soon!:)

if your chicks are spread out and panting, Vincyla, They probably have coccidia. Start treating them with corid ASAP. Below is a pic of one of my chicks with cocci.
View attachment 2694974
Sounds like your chicks just got cold, am7039, hopefully they get better soon!:)
Fingers crossed. Thank you so much! I'll keep updating their progress.
Vincyla I hope they get better! I'm sorry you lost some but let's hope the others pull through.

Back
Top Bottom