Need some advice.

Elizabetta

Hatching
Apr 12, 2016
Lewiston Idaho
I AM NEW TO THIS SITE. I HAVE 3 RHODE ISLAND CHICKENS THAT ARE MY PETS. ONE OF THEM IS IN THE STAGE OF
MOLTING.. NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL IT. SO THIS IS MY QUESTION? SHE IS TRYING TO LAY AN EGG, SHE GOES IN THE COOP AND TRIES I GIVE HER CREDIT FOR THAT. SHE IS LIKE POOP BUT IT IS THE COLOR OF AN EGG THE YELLOW AND I FIND AN EMPTY CRACKED SHELL??? IS THIS NORMAL... MY OTHER CHICKEN STARTED TO DO THIS THEN PASS AWAY.. HER FEATHERS ARE IN THE CHEST AREA ALL WHITE.... WHEN I GO INTO THE COOP AND CLEAN THEM ONE OF THEM JUMPS ON MY BACK AND SHE THINKS SHE IS THE QUEEN.. THEY ALL LOVE ME

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I'd suggest re-posting your question on the "emergencies, diseases, injuries and cures" forum - experts there will help you out.

All the best
CT

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE. I HAVE 3 RHODE ISLAND CHICKENS THAT ARE MY PETS. ONE OF THEM IS IN THE STAGE OF
MOLTING.. NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL IT. SO THIS IS MY QUESTION? SHE IS TRYING TO LAY AN EGG, SHE GOES IN THE COOP AND TRIES I GIVE HER CREDIT FOR THAT. SHE IS LIKE POOP BUT IT IS THE COLOR OF AN EGG THE YELLOW AND I FIND AN EMPTY CRACKED SHELL??? IS THIS NORMAL... MY OTHER CHICKEN STARTED TO DO THIS THEN PASS AWAY.. HER FEATHERS ARE IN THE CHEST AREA ALL WHITE.... WHEN I GO INTO THE COOP AND CLEAN THEM ONE OF THEM JUMPS ON MY BACK AND SHE THINKS SHE IS THE QUEEN.. THEY ALL LOVE ME

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Funny symptoms I know I have several rir chickens who have produced an off yellow colored egg and thought it odd and one is in a cage by her self right now as I am watching her for other things before I sell her but I normally add calcium to their diet like oyster shell or crushed up and dried egg shells and up the protein ..

The only question I would have could your chickens be getting around some kind of poison and maybe where a vehicle might have been worked on .

You may want to post on the "Chicken behaviors and egg laying," thread. I think you are telling us - your chickens have been having trouble laying and the eggs come out broken. IF eggs break inside the chicken this can cause serious problems. Please post on "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom