Need some advice

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by puchaczyk, Jan 30, 2013.

1. puchaczyk

puchaczyk Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2012
    I have a beautiful black silkie hen. She's been very loud up until yesterday- yesterday as i was carrying her she decided to jump out of my hand. Unfortunately she got caught on my sweater and she fell on her stomach :( She's been quiet and lethargic. She's also not eating and not drinking very much. She stands fine, and she flutters her wings occasionally so i don't think anything is broken/sprained. Anyone know if this is just maybe shock from the fall? Hopefully it's nothing serious... She's my first chicken and I love her tons... Thanks for your help in advance!!

2. Sandstorm495

Sandstorm495 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Keep her warm and bring her into the house. Give her water in a syringe if you have to as well.
    Hope she get's better!

3. Sandstorm495

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Also try feeding her some greek yoghurt

4. puchaczyk

Dec 7, 2012
    her poop is white and she started convulsing. I tried calling vets in my area but no one can help me and they keep sending me away. she's sleeping now.... I don't know what's wrong and it's breaking my heart..

5. Sandstorm495

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    I'm so sorry for you, but I;m not sure what else to do. I will look for more info.

6. puchaczyk

Dec 7, 2012
    thank you so much. i'll keep looking

7. Sandstorm495

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Can't find anything, but the white poo shouldn''t mean anything is wrong with her. What I do know is when they convulse, it usually means they are about to die. I really hope this doesn't happen and your chicken get's better. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by