Need some advice

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BigEranch, Mar 23, 2015.

1. BigEranch

BigEranch New Egg

Mar 23, 2015
    Kids don't use this part of the swing set. So I am thinking of turning this into a 2 story chicken coup. Purple in a few roosting bars in the lower section and enclosing the upper section for the besting area figuring 4 nesting boxes on the front side. I only want to use chicken wire to give the chickens that entire corner of the yard as their run. The space for the run is roughly 20 x 20. The swing set area is 2 x 4 on both levels. I grow veggies and herbs in aquaponics so I am gunna grow fodder for their main feed. Can I house 8 to 10 chickens in this area comfortably this is all the start to my ranch that is my goal in the next 2 years.

2. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    You could house more than 10 chickens in that space. Do you have a photo of the swing set you are planning to recycle?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. BigEranch

BigEranch New Egg

Mar 23, 2015
    It's not letting me upload it

4. BigEranch

BigEranch New Egg

Mar 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Had to use the desktop site on my phone
    Sorry this is the side of it that I want to reprove

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  5. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    Chicken like to roost up high. They would prefer the roosts in the top half of the coop.

6. BigEranch

BigEranch New Egg

Mar 23, 2015
    Ok can I just use chicken wire on the while thing? There is a ladder on the back side that is 2 feet wide can t g at at be used as the roost is has 5 or 6 rungs on it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by