Need some chick help!

Allipoe

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 7, 2007
Fallston
I have done a search on yahoo, and on this site as well, to try and figure out what is happening with one of my little Delawares I just bought a week ago.

She (I think its a she at least, heh) is lethargic. Tail down, eyes going shut, puffing up slightly. And the most bothersome thing is that she keeps opening her beak on each breath as if to gasp. Now I can't hear anything significant, nor I can feel anything in her throat. And the gaping isn't a large gape, just a slight opening of her beak. Its just worrisome because she keeps doing it.

If I reach into the cage she perks up with the rest of them and scrambles about seeming fine. I am not sure what to do with her, or what exactly could be wrong with her, since her symptoms don't match anything I have found so far.

Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Thanks in advance!

-Alli

Shes about a month old, seems a little on the thin side. Up until today she was eating and drinking like the others, but I haven't seen her do it today yet.

Edit- I put a slice of bread in there for them to snack on and she went to town on it with the others. She does seem a little pale though...as strange as that sounds for a chicken, her skin is pale compared to the others.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom