need some hatching buddies just set 10 eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by florasbell, May 1, 2011.

1. florasbell

florasbell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    germany
    i recently incubated 6 goose eggs which 3 come to the point of hatch then nothing they died the day before i don't know the reason maybe a temp spike which i didn't catch. i was very upset as i spent 30 days turning them by hand every 4 hours day and night. [​IMG]
    so then i asked next door for some of her eggs from her flock of chickens she has 2 cocks with them so i'm taking a chance that 1 out of the 10 is fertile i set them 3 days ago cant see much as they have dark shells and my touch is not bright enough. today i brought 10 fertile eggs from a farm they have promised a 95% fertility but the eggs were cold to the touch and one had a large air gap at the top but the rest were fine i have added them all to my incubator so now there is 20 chickens eggs
    1 duck egg would any one like to join me in the next 21 days of no sleep [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. Chriswardens52

Chriswardens52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    i would like to join you if you want . I have 13 eggs in my homemade incubator . 11 mallard and 2 muscovy . They are due to hatch 4 days after yours hatch Best of luck to both of us eh.

3. florasbell

May 1, 2011
    germany
    yeah great i don't know what my duck egg is as i found it in a field i kinda thought it was dead but i put it in the incubator anyway and have had a funny cloudy dot appear when candled so iv left it to find out but i have 10 large bremah i dont know if that is spelled right but the parents were huge and 10 normal rode islands but will be cool to compare.

4. florasbell

May 1, 2011
    germany
    am i right in thinking not to turn the eggs in the first 24 hrs the same a geese

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by