Need some help, Ducky measurements???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Oct 24, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Hello everyone,

As i've mentioned in other posts, I am currently creating a new website dedicated to indoor pet ducks. I am creating a store for the page where i will be selling duck diaper harnesses, walking/swimming harnesses, baby duck harnesses, emergancy care disposable harnesses, coats, shoes (for ducks with sensitive feet, or injuries), t-shirts, etc... and may be even custom feed additives and brooder boxes. In order to fulfill orders, I'd like to have a sizing system that makes it easy for people to know what size to get their ducks. I only have made diapers for runners and babies of others breeds. What i need is for some willing duck owners to measure their ducks for me...

I'm looking for these measurements-
    (in inches to the nearest quarter inch, or centimeters)

-Tell me the breed of the duck and it's gender...

-From the base of the neck to the oil gland (or just above the tail feathers.)

-Around the duck's body including wings.

-Around the butt end of a duck, around the body, past the legs.

-The widest part of the foot. (mainly for muscovies)

I'd like a wide range to help my sizing, so all breeds and genders are welcome. Even geese measurements would be appreciated. Anyone willing to help out by getting measurements of their duckies, I will remember you when my store opens and will offer a discount for your troubles! (The more measurements you offer, the better the discount! or maybe even some free stuff [​IMG] )

Thanks in advance guys!

2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Have you considered making your 'stuff' adjustable? even adult birds will change a fair amount in a years time and "babies" will outgrow stuff while it is still in the mail!

3. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    i do make them adjustable, but the size of the diaper pouch varies, as does the amount the straps adjust. There's a big difference between a call duck and a muscovy! that's why i want different breed's measurements.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by