Need some help identifying

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cottonwoodfarm, Apr 12, 2017.

1. cottonwoodfarm

cottonwoodfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2017
    Ohio
    [​IMG]IMG]Hello! Need some help identifying two breeds. I have always had silkies...so, not good at lidentifying anything else. I k ow one is an ISA Brown. Which one? And what is the other one?[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Serenity06

Serenity06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2015
    South Alabama
    Only seeing one picture and it looks like an ISA brown. I see part a black chick but can't tell the breed.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. cottonwoodfarm

Apr 12, 2017
    Ohio
    Hmmm. Wonder why other pic did not show? Here it is. These are the two- in the same frame, that I'm trying to identify. [​IMG]

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The one with white wing and tail feathers is your ISA Brown. Need a shot of the other that shows the whole bird, including the head.

1 person likes this.
  5. cottonwoodfarm

Apr 12, 2017
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

6. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Either Production Red or Red broiler/ranger. Too young to be certain of which.

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Junebuggena's response

1 person likes this.
  8. cottonwoodfarm

Apr 12, 2017
    Ohio
    Okay. Well, I guess I'll wait and see. I have two of those, and one has waddles coming in and a beak that's pink. I think it's a rooster. Thanks for the help!

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under cottonwoodfarm [​IMG] Welcome!

As I am not skilled at breed and gender, I will leave you in the capable hands of those who have already advised.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by