need some help trying to sex my silkies please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by newbie silkie, Jan 30, 2013.

1. newbie silkie

newbie silkie New Egg

Jan 30, 2013
    northern ireland
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi everyone I was wonder if you's could help me in sexing my silkies. I got them about 11weeks ago not 100% sure what age they where when i got them I think they where only few weeks old they wheren't very big. This is my first time keeping chickens any tips yous can pass on would be great thank you. Sorry the pictures arent great

2. carolinachickie

carolinachickie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2013
    South Carolina
    The solid black and solid white ones look like cockerels to me...hard to tell with the angles of the pics on the other one, but doesn't look like a silkie to me.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]!!!!! Glad you've joined the community [​IMG]

That black and white spotted bird looks like a Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben pullet, but hard to see without a full body shot, where did you get her? I agree that the solid white and solid black chickens look like cockerels, have they sparred with each other at all?

4. newbie silkie

newbie silkie New Egg

Jan 30, 2013
    northern ireland
    The black and white one is a Spitzhauben she's lovely natured wee bird and so far very quite. but the solid coloured 1's (the silkies) i havent noticed them sparring with each other they all hudle up together at night in the nest box and follow each other round there pen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by