Need some help with breed (ee, bsl, idk)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BANTAMWYANDOTTE, May 9, 2011.

1. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    These are some chicks I have here on my little chicken farm in the hills of Kentucky. The two Easter Egg chicks are from a non-bearded EE rooster father and a SLW hen, The other egg is from the same rooster and a BJG hen . The other egg was from a Production Red . But because I had so many eggs in the incubator I am not 100% sure that these are the chicks. I am sure that they are the only two that look like they do and that all three eggs hatched. (I have not lost a chick from that brood either)

The second chick came from a feed store. He was in a bin that was assorted egg-type (st.run). He was the smallest chick in the bin and the only chick with the "chipmunk" coloring. He was barley half the other size. The owner of the store said that he was the only one like that in her entire order. She assured me that he came from Cackle Hatchery and that I could look there for answers. After alot of looking around he only looks like a few breeds, but he is so small. I hatched bantams and the day they were born (he was a week old) he was just a little bit larger but not much. I am thinking OEG bantam. (Oh I Hope So) Now I am asking BYC for your help...........

The little chick from the feed store (Tommy) Do you think he is a boy?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The EE's

The Father of the EE my non-bearded EE Buster:

[​IMG]

This one I think is from the Black Jersey hen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The SLW mostly like b/c of the yellow legs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PR crossed with my EE (looks blue):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Sex Link (BR and RIR cross) rooster?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Sex-Link Pullet:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Possible Game Bantam (dutch is the only other option I breed):

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Check the combs on your cross chicks. The Wyandotte cross should have a pea/rosecomb cross type comb and the Jersey Giant cross should be a funky single comb (might be a little while before it shows but the Wyandotte cross should be identifiable this way).

3. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Both of them have a smooth appearance in there heads indicating a pea or rose comb no sign of single combs on either one. I am about 80% sure they are EE.

4. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Newer pictures are added and I need to include that the "blue" EE is pea combed and that they are all almost three weeks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by