Need some help with my game chicks!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WhitehouseFarms, Nov 16, 2014.

1. WhitehouseFarms

WhitehouseFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2014
    Gulf Coast Alabama
    I recently acquired 4 game birds from a friend! He just didn't want them with his flock... Anywho! trying to figure out what I got! I was told they were American Greys.. They were hatched out on 9-25.
    [​IMG]
    Picture 1: the front 2

[​IMG]
    Picture 2
    [​IMG]
    Picture 3: I believe the little brown one is a hen!
    The next 2 pictures are the parents they came from
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have been trying to do research on them, but its very limited bc of their reputation. Any help would be appreciated!

2. WhitehouseFarms

Aug 16, 2014
    Gulf Coast Alabama
    Thanks, I didn't know I hit start a new thread... I thought I was replying in that thread link you sent me! How do I delete a thread? LOL! I have been reading these threads since August... but I have never posted until today!

3. maranfarmer563

maranfarmer563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    Top 2 hens, middle roo,bottom Wheaton hen. A nice quad

4. maranfarmer563

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    LOL how did you start anew thread?

5. WhitehouseFarms

Aug 16, 2014
    Gulf Coast Alabama
    Down on the bottom is says post a reply or start a new thread! Im new to this whole forum thing... I love my chickens! I just picked up these 4 from a friend who said that their were 2 roos and 2 hens... the 3 grey ones are fighting all over the place now! My farm is a "sanctuary" if you want to call it! I have a 3 year old meat bird- LOL! I have 18 chickens total. These are my first true game birds! I have Bantams, but they just aren't the same... their temperament is much different!!

6. WhitehouseFarms

Aug 16, 2014
    Gulf Coast Alabama
    You might have to explain a little more about them to me... I can not find anything that is useful to me...

7. maranfarmer563

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    I have 30plus free range game,they get pecking order established,top guy breeds, other roosters stay clear of him and sometimes breed when he's out of sight

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by