Need some opinions please..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by echickenlove, Jun 29, 2008.

1. echickenlove

echickenlove Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2008
    Bella Vista AR
    Think this would work to hatch some gambel quail eggs? The incubator is used to hatch cockatiel eggs and it can be adjusted according to him for different birds. What do you all think? This is my first time ever hatching any kind of eggs! I was going to buy an incubator but this would save money. I just need some second opinions. Thanks!

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    With that much water you will get far too much humidity which creates developmental problms. Nice idea. Works for him but you can do better. There are many homemade bators on BYC. The link to mine is in my signature beflow.

3. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    How do they circulate the air with all that humidity, I would think the eggs would suffocate.

4. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Oh Miss P. is right, there are better ideas of making your own on the BYC. That's how I made mine.

5. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    For a small incubator you would be much better off building one of MissPrissy's.

6. echickenlove

echickenlove Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2008
    Bella Vista AR
    Yup! I am getting all the materials together..this is going to be a winner!!! (Miss Prissy's incubator that is) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by