Need some Silkie Showgirl help/advice please! :) Any advice is appriciated greatly!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChickLover98, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I am interested in purchasing a few Showgirls and I need some advice. The Showgirls I am looking to buy are 3 1/2 hours away from me and shipping for two is $25.00 and shipping for three is about $35.00.

She is asking $50 for this partrige and I think she is very nice and good quality, but I need advice on a fair price. I am fairly new to silkies and would just like some insight before I purchase. I am very interested in this one. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She also has a black showgirl pullet for $35.00. I like her too, but again, need some advice and opinions. She informed me that the black one is missing two toenails on one foot. They think incubation related.

[​IMG]

The paint male showgirl in the photo is also for sale. I am on the fence about him though. I would need to re-home my non-standard (bad quality and wrong comb type) male. I need some major advice with all three haha! They are asking $25.00 for him, but the shipping cost ($25) would go up $10-$15.

Please help! Any advice is super appriciated and greatly needed! :)

~Chicky

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    And I should also give some info about my current Silkie. This is Mr. Priscilla FancyFeathers. The previous owners were sure he was a pullet. Nope. He has a single comb and 6 toes on his right foot. I might have to give him back to his old owners since they wanted a roo anyway. Especially if I get the paint boy but I really dont know if I want to spend the extra money on him and extra shipping. I really need advice :)

[​IMG]

Also, I just joined the 4-H poultry program, so I also need to know which would be the best for a 4-H project. Thank you so much! :)

~Chicky

3. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Beautiful silkies and showgirls... That price is sure up there though! $50 seems a little high... IMO.

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Before you spend $50 on that "Partridge" Silkie you might want to read the Standard description forthat particular variety.

5. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    That's exactly what I was thinking, NYREDS. I thought Partridge was more towards the reddish side and not so much brown. That's why I was kind of worried. What color is she actually or is she just a non-standard color?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by