Need Some Womenly Advice From Those With Experience

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CoyoteMagic, Dec 5, 2008.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

As most of you know, I've been battling Breast Cancer since early June. As I told you a few weeks ago, surgery went great, no nodes involved, on pathology they only found .0003cm of the tumor left.

Went to the Docs on Wednesday and he removed the last 2 drains. Beings I was feeling so good, I asked him if I could start lifting 1-2lb weights. He said ok. We decided then too, to do my first filling of the "expanders" that are being used to create my new, ah, hmm, you know @@.

You lovely ladies who have traveled this road, what have you done to make this process a bit more comfortable? I'm not really in pain, I'm uncomfortable. Only a few places are painful or if I bend over too far is it painful. Mostly it feels like there is a weight on my chest. Lots of pressure. I don't want to keep downing Pain drugs (but they are sooooooooooo nice! )

Any ideas on what to do?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hi..i'm sorry to hear about all you have to go through!....i havent had this done , but,..i thought i heard them say to keep a tighter type bra on..like a sports type bra? or maybe an ace bandage?..[​IMG]...i think it helps the tugging or heavy feeling...hope you feel better soon!..take care, Wendy

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have not been there so you cannot take this as advice, BUT, many many of my friend have.... Push through it. Focus on the positive, bring calming things to your mind, and lift girl ,lift. The movement can only do you good. If you feel VERY uncomfortable, try another position, but don't strain yourself. The drains are out!!! YEA!!!!!!

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Glad your here and the drains are out [​IMG]

I only had a lumpectomy so it wasn't so bad, but all my friends also said a tight stretchy bra really seemed to do the trick. Finally now they make some exercise bras that have a front closure. (getting into the darn thing when you still had stitches was NO fun!)

Here's to keeping on keeping on!
    [​IMG]

5. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Sports bra, even sleep in it. My aunt, who had a bilateral mastectomy & reconstruction, swore by it.

6. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    try the sports bra... and as for the pain meds being soooo nice.. you have been through a lot.. give yourself a break and take them.

7. So glad your doing good, Wear a sports bra and might try lifting a few ounces lighter until you are used to the exercise. [​IMG] marrie

8. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    I can only offer support for what you are going thru. So here is my support.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I too can only offer support. My mother's good friend went through this earlier this year. They also found cancer in her behind, I'm not sure what kind. She had a double(?) mastectomy and wore a tight sports bra for a long time.

[​IMG] Feel better soon dear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by