Need someone in Modesto California Area to Take Hatching Eggs!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wolftracks, Aug 1, 2010.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    No Pics available. Sorry, but I just don't have the time or energy.

Some of you know I just lost my husband and soulmate Bill on the 12th.

Since then my Sportsman has not been working, my hatchers are a mess and I'm just plain tired.

I have 15 eggs that need to be incubated, NOW!

They are a mix of the following:

White Silkie
    Lt Brahma X Aussie (bantam)
    BSL = FBCM X BR and Game mix hens

I will probably have more tomorrow, but I have a dentist appointment n Manteca and I have to pick up some paperwork in Oakland. After that I'm going to Union City to pick up my son from his summer with his dad.

I can meet you anywhere in those areas if you need me too. Can't run around looking for an address but maybe a store or Starbucks parking lot or something. Just can't afford the gas otherwise.

Please let them live! I'd hatch them and sell the chicks myself, but I just don't have a dime to get things fixed and no energy to do it yet. The Silkies are not SQ, but not garbage either, so you'd get decent chicks.

The eggs are FREE unless you want to donate 10 bucks or so to feeding my flock. I'm trying to brainstorm what I'm going to do for us to make it without Bill and it's not looking good right now.

Anyway, someone please take them.

2. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I've got a Hovabator that can hold 42 eggs and I'm in Oakland. [​IMG]

Would you want some of the chicks back when they hatch? What time will you be in Oakland tomorrow?

Also, the last breed you listed, the one that is partially Marans, what exactly are they?

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Some are from Barred Rocks and some from a really pretty Game cross. I have a chick from her and it's so cute. It's also a BSL. White spot on the top of it's head tells me a roo though.

Darn it.

I should be there in the afternoon. Somewhere around 5 I think. Hopefully a little sooner.

And no..............you can keep this hatch. I'm tryingto save room for my FBCMs which btw are Bev Davis, so BIG birds!

4. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    So are there any pure Marans eggs?

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Not yet.

My husband had just bought me an older flock and when the sportsman went don I lost 65 eggs.
    I'm working at building up a younger flock, but lost everything so far. I have 7 I;m hoping are going to hatch the 6th. I'm holding onto all of these eggs until I have a decent amount hatched out.

I do have FBCMs from other lines, but not laying yet. They're a little over 2 months and from Valentine, Prestley and Fox lines. The Bev Davs birds are hopefully going to be helping me earn part of our living later on, but the hens are older and not laying a bunch. Like today I got 0 from them. Bill only bought them for me in June and when I lost all those eggs I was heartbroken, because we drove for hours for him to buy them for me. Brought them home and they were so big we spent 3-4 days building a bigger run. The youngsters are going to be nice birds, but not sure they will be able to compete with what I hope these put out, but I will have some at a later date if you're interested.

6. hillbrothers eggs

hillbrothers eggs Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Placerville, CA
    Hi,

I was wondering if you still had some fertilized eggs or if you were able to get rid of all of them. If you still have some I would be interested in getting some or if you have more later that you are looking to give away. My mom lives in modesto and may be coming to our house this week. I sent you an email yesterday. I have a broody hen that I would like to get some fertilized eggs under. Please let me know if you have any or if you know anyone else that may have fertilized eggs.

Thanks

Steve

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Hi Steve

Sent you an email

8. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto