Need suggestions for Gulf Coast beach vacation

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Dec 28, 2009.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Can anyone recommend a good place to stay on the Gulf Coast? My friends and I are planning to go down at the end of May and I need a place to stay.
    Here's what we're looking for-

A nice house or condo that sleeps 8+
    On the beach
    Not in the middle of everything, but not so far out that we can't reach civilization
    I like the area from Panama City Beach to Destin, but I'm open for other suggestions. It just needs to be accessible from TN without driving for days.
    It would be nice if it had a pool or access to a pool as well.
    Clean and safe are a must
    Cost needs to be average. We likely can't afford Seaside or Rosemary Beach. Something in Seagrove would be okay.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone stayed in a decent place through there?

2. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Pennsacola Florida.

Santa Rosa Island.

Condos--- Santa Rosa Dunes, large pool, nice big condos.

Resort----- Portofino Island Resort, located on Santa Rosa Island, 7 swimming pools, private beaches on gulf and sound, boat excursions, water taxi, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, golf excursions, fishing excursions, health club, spa, restaurant, lounge, music and dancing, bike rental, surf board rental, kayak rental, paddle boat rental, kids day camp. Completely self contained, park your car and leave it where it is. Luxury Condos. NO PETS. NOT CHEAP. But really really fine. Been going there for the last 4 years. http://www.portofinoisland.com/

3. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    St George Island is a very dog friendly area-You may want to look in that area

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I'm not taking the dogs. We're doing an all-girl, no husbands or children allowed week at the beach. I'm guessing that means no dogs either. [​IMG]

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Check out Gulf Shores, Alabama.

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Avoid hurricane season.

Seriously that's all I got, when you want a romantic getaway in socal, call me.

7. bonnylass79

bonnylass79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Central Florida
    Take a look at www.vrbo.com. It's a website for private owners to list their vacation homes for rent. My parents found a place in Weeki Wachee, FL that slept 6 for $1000 a week. Some of them are over rated, but there are a lot of nice ones on there.

8. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Port St. Joe is nice and I don't think its quite as expensive. About 40 miles east of Panama City Beach.

9. try milton. it's fairly close to the water and should be fairly cheep. I would beg to go with you, but can't ride that far. HAVE A GOOD TIME AND BRING BACK LOTS OF PIX TO SHOW. MARRIE [​IMG]

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We did Marco Island once the end of October.

Nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by