1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Suggestions on how to keep chicks seperated at hatch

Discussion in 'Quail' started by The Critter Place, Nov 19, 2011.

1. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Am I hoping for too much.? LOL!

I have Button Quail Eggs from bot Shelley and Quaillady in the incubator right now.

I would really like to keep them separated at hatch to know what breeder they came from for any ?? I may have later and pairing.

They are fast, and for as tiny as they are, can really jump and climb in the bator...
    So I'm thinking the only way may be a wire basket.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

2. The Critter Place

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Sry.. didn't think to mention bator...

Havobator genisis 1588

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    When you go through lockdown you can make little barriers in the hatcher, little cardboard barriers so you know which eggs are from which breeder. I may not be describing it right but I hope you get some picture in your mind [​IMG]

4. The Critter Place

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Hi There!
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Quaillady... It's been a long day and the only thing my mind is seeing is blur till I get some coffee in me. [​IMG]

I'm getting an idea of what your saying though. But about how high? These little stinkers jump. lol...
    It's a circulated air... so I'm guessing just a "fence" no bottom, . so the air can still circulate .

I'm here most of the time... (stay home mom) so I should be able to keep an eye on them for the most part.. but you never know. lol..

I was hoping to have the separate hatcher by now... but things came up... lol...

5. Mek

Mek Chillin' With My Peeps

I have no idea what your incubator looks like but was this what you guys are thinking of?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by