Need Suggestions Please - Unscented Deodorant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Ok here is my problem. I have a VERY sensitive nose. I can smell things a mile away. I have a nose like a hunting dog and this sometimes interferes with my day to day smelling.

I have always worn UNSCENTED deodorant because I can't handle the scent in all deodorants. Lately, I have been able to pick up on scents from my unscented deodorant. The company must have changed the ingredients. The scent is giving me a headache. Can you all suggest any UNSCENTED deodorant that I can try or any other home made concoction that I can use in place of store bought deodorant? I have no idea what to do. [​IMG]

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
  3. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Thank you for the link!!!! Does your aunt have a sensitive nose as week?

I will try odorless products. It sounds like that is exactly what I need. I'm excited. [​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    What about Ban unscented?

I've started using the aerosols. Cuts down on the "ew" factor and any germs.

5. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

What about wearing none? I haven't it like 15 years, am happy with choice.. I shower at least once a day..

6. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Um..some of us are more...what's the word, sweaty than others?

7. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I do believe I still sweat alot.. I clean houses for a living.. But maybe I don't sweat as much as some people.. i found I went through a month.. Of stinky sweat.. Then it cleared up, i think putting deoderant on.. Blocks our "toxins" form getting out.. When it's all out for a bit.. It clears up..

Yeah I'm probley crazy!!!

8. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    You might have something to it!

I just don't like raising my arm up when I'm in bed and realizing I stank like my husband's old leather boots!

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I'm glad you brought that up. I have always wondered if putting on deodorant blocks those odors/toxins from coming out that really need to ooze out. I must confess that on the weekends I do go without putting on any deodorant. I'm a sweater, so when Sunday evening rolls around, I"m as "tart" as a tiger that is ready to roar if you get my drift. [​IMG]. [​IMG]

So, I really really really have to wear "some" kind of under arm protection or I will knock people down like a row of dominoes. [​IMG]

I wonder what did Laura Engles (sp) and her family wear back in the Little House On The Prairie days?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by