Need the best hygrometer on the market please.

ChickyBangBang

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 18, 2012
I have a hygrometer for the humidity level in the incubator. I hate the hygrometer I have, as I don't even have the eggs yet and the bator has only been on for a tad over a day. Already the hygrometer has water bubbles inside it making it almost impossible for me to even read the level. I bought it at Petco and it's a piece of poopy. I will say, from what I *could* read - the amount of moisture in there was perfect...but now I can't read it anymore because of the bubbles and condensation building up, and if it's that bad now - don't want to know what it will be in 21 days.

Can someone please suggest a very well made, sturdy hygrometer that will fit into the still-air Hova-Bator (50 egg size) standard one? At this point I don't care about price I just want it to work and I want to be able to read it...and I don't want stagnant water collecting in it and lining the edges of it with condensation so I can't even read it.

Tried and true (tested by members and liked by members here) suggestions (brand name and model) would be VERY much appreciated.

I don't trust anything digital and would definitely prefer the manual? hygrometers if at all possible - unless someone knows of a very good and accurate digital one.

::throws hygrometer in the trash:: What next!?
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I bought one online from a cigar shop. Folks that spend a hundred + dollars on cigars have to make sure the humidity is precisely measured. It is a dial type encased in metal and plastic. I have 2 of them and when placed in the same area, they both read the exact same thing. If you look at the hygrometers in the pet store, you'll notice they all read something different. Just google or eBay cigar hygrometer. Expensive doesn't equal better...

Thank you very much - hopefully I'll be able to get one here before eggs are due to be set. Surely there's a smoke shop somewhere around town - I'll check there first. Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom