Need thoughts and Prayers and (maybe Help?)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by erijn5, Oct 17, 2009.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    We knew it was coming, but hoped the day wouldn't! My aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer over a yr ago. After the diagnosis, she took a leave of absense from work and enjoyed the summer with her now 21 yr old autistic daughter.. She has been a trooper through the whole thing, chemo, meds, and all. And as of Wed. they put her in the hospital and they said she will not be getting out.....
    The cancer has spread all over inside and now is in her bones, and she has severe internal bleeding [​IMG]. Also aquired since Wed. jondice (sp) so now her liver is quitting.....

It is so hard to see one of the strongest family members go down so weak. My DH and DS went to go see her this morning, DS said I want to go see Aunt Jan too...She was his favorite Aunt and he goes to see her everytime she is in the hospital among many visits to her home. He is the only Great Nephew on that side of the family so he was a little spoiled..

They have her on a lot of pain killer right now and some severe anitibotics to keep her comfortable. I know it will not be long cause that is what she keeps telling everyone. I hate to hear her say that... [​IMG]

Since she knew that this yr would be her last all she wanted for her birthday was fresh cut flowers....so all the grandkids (4) of us swapped every wk and have been buying her flowers for the house.

A small family with a big heart....I thought to myself while I was cleaning the chicken barn today that maybe if anyone wanted to send fresh cut flowers to her in hospital, that, that would make me and her so happy...If you would want to, please PM me and I will give you the local florists and her rm # in the hospital. She knows all about ya'll cause that all I talk about.... But if not just thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated... [​IMG]

Thank you so much!!

2. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    that is so sweet but i would be really careful about giving out her hospital information..everyone here seems so nice but all it takes is for a weirdo to get nosy.

3. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:Good point, never thought about that,,,should I ask for the flowers at all then? How would she be able to get them (if any)...

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You post the name of a local florist and only the florist knows where they are going.

5. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    ohh thats a good idea!
    [​IMG]

6. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:Oh that would be a great idea..

Okay, let me call them and make sure they will do it...brb [​IMG]

7. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Okay, here we go

The number to the florist is

618-586-2444 The Rocking Horse
    For Jan.
    Kylie Called

They take MC< VISA< Debit Cards......

My mom was like OMG, hopefully she will get some, so we are both [​IMG]....

Thank you for all the help....

EDIT: They are not open on Sunday, so I will call the other place, they are already closed today and see if they are open tomorrow. If so I will post that too!!!! Thanks again!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by